Social bookmarking involves saving bookmarks to an online service and "tagging" them with keywords you create instead of saving the bookmarks in your browser's favorite's list. Your collection of bookmarks is viewable to others users who may easily copy bookmarks to their own collection. Social bookmarking enables a you to discover other people who are interested in a topic and know about an excellent web resources that you may not have found by using a search engine.
Tagging is a term used in a number of contexts for different purposes, mostly referring to adding a tag of some form. Tags can be thought of as keyword that allow ad hoc classification and sorting of a variety of types of information. Tagging can be applied to URLs (in the case of social bookmarking),
Benefits of Social Bookmarking Sites.Why is social bookmarking significant
- Enables like-minded people to find each other and create new communities of users around a topic
- allows a specific group of people (staff members in an organization for example) to share resources efficiently
- Can help you find new insights about a topic by seeing how others think and connect to it
- Creates contextual taxonomies that have meaning for a particular community/group of people (good for different cultural contexts)
- Most tools incorporate various mechanisms for sharing information outside of the tools (via RSS, integration with other tools such as blogging software)
- You will easily Discover what's popular i.e. On most social bookmarking sites you can see what's hot and what's not - that is you can see what everybody else are sharing in their bookmarks for a particular tag. This is an excellent way of finding relevant bookmarks for you.
- Many will find your content compelling enough may just consider to link-back from their websites to your website. This way you can again gain a relevant one-way backlink for your web site.
- Last but not the least, when you bookmark your web site URL to these Social Bookmarking sites and agree to share it with other people, your link, depending on the 'tag' you choose, is often placed for some time in good relevant web pages having fairly high Page Ranks. And that's exactly what you may have wished for.
Google and major search engines have decided to go content centric, in a nutshell the more places you have your content the greater traffic you generate. This means that submitting your site manually with social bookmarking sites like Digg, blogthis!, myspace will ensure a greater volume of traffic. However the operative word is not pointless, i'll directed traffic but relevant traffic, our constant endeavour is to serve sites with well researched and well directed traffic by our bookmarking submission.
Our team ensures that every site is first indexed for the intended target audience, only sites with suitable page rank and pedigree are selected. All links are strictly one way and permanent, our service is tuned in to the ever changing world of search engine optimization. With the implementation of context sensitive search algorithms and with the advent of more personalised search results for users, submission of your site contents to a social bookmarking site is a no longer a trial and error affair.
Below are the list of Social bookmarking Sites.